The following are some dumb laws (rules) that are actually still in the books in New York! We would love to hear about some of the dumb ones that are still implemented here in Portugal. Let us know….
- New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it.
- While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
- The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
- You may not smoke within 100 feet of the entrance to a public building.
- It is illegal to have an open container of alcohol on a public sidewalk, road or park in New York State.